Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Boon Flo and water bugs bath toy review

Boon products have a distinct look you can't miss. Boon carries modern baby/toddler products and provides products made with safe materials and unmistakable style.

About the company: It's funny how such a simple thing can lead to so much. It all began with a messy toddler bathtub. Designer Rebecca Finell's wheels started turning and the Frog Pod was born.

But the problem solving didn't stop there. She had lots of ideas for other parenting innovations so she sought out a partner, Ryan Fernandez—who could create a successful business—and together they founded Boon Inc. Today Boon offers a wide range of products that help parents all over the world.
They're committed to creating nothing but the most innovative gear—and keeping it affordable. The design studio is always in motion, tackling one parenting challenge after another. And don't forget their commitment to quality and safety.

Boon Inc. believes there is nothing more innocent or precious as a child. They participate in helping underprivileged children live the life we would want for our own children by donating 10% of it's profits to charity. To read more about their charitable contributions go here.

 The products I reviewed: Water Bugs and Boon Flo.

The Water bugs: Kids can scoop up these colorful critters as they glide across the water. Set includes three floating bugs and a mesh net.They are BpA free, phthalate free and PVC free and at $7.99 very affordable.

My review: I love the water bugs and net. The bugs float on the water and are a cute, fun and clean. I have had lots of bath toys for my kids that have holes in them that allow water to get in. After a litttle while they begin to get mildew in them and they end up in the garbage. I am so glad the water bugs do not have holes in them. They can dry completly and will last longer and stay cleaner. My kids think they are cool. I like the colors too.What a great toy!

The Flo: Water Deflector and Protective Faucet Cover with Bubble Bath Dispenser
Combining multiple functions into a single device, Flō provides a simple solution to several bath time challenges. This unique product diverts the flow of water, creating a gentle waterfall, while providing a protective faucet cover to help guard against injury. Flō also functions as a bubble bath dispenser. $14.99



My review:  I have needed something like the Flo for quite sometime. My 3rd child has scraped his back on the bath water faucet so many times that he has a permanent scar. So needless to say I was excited to give the Flo a try.The Flo is great for keeping injuries from the faucet from happening. The flexible material of the Flo provides a safe alternative to the metal faucet. Since I now have a baby it will be nice to have this as he grows. He will never have to experience the scrapes and bumps my other children have experienced from the metal faucet.
 The Flo also has a bubble bath dispenser. My daughter fights me every night when I say it's time to take a bath. I am thinking it shouldn't be a surprise that it's bath time since we take baths every night but she still acts surprised that I would ask her to take a bath. So when I showed the Flo to her and how she could just push the button to make a bubble bath she was pretty excited and she didn't fight me on the bath. I like the dispenser too. It keeps the kids from pouring too much bubble bath out of a bottle and wasting it.
I have an old home and my faucet didn't match up with the opening on top. I am able to use the Flo during the kids baths but I have to take it off when not in use so we can have access to the shower pull. It is suppose to fit standard faucets so mine is probably not the standard of today. My faucet is probably at least 60 years old. If your shower pull is towards the front or middle of your faucet it should work. If the pull is in the back ,closest to the shower wall, like mine it might not fit properly.
Overall I thought the Flo was a great product that I will enjoy having.

Where To buy: Go here

*Boon News blog:  www.booninc.com/blog
*Like Boon on Facebook

*Follow Boon on Twitter

*I received boon products for review. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed here are my own and were not influenced in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment